[hackerspaces] US hackerspaces - corporation formation and 501(c)3 status

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:27:09 CEST 2009

I'd really be keen on learning more about the whole process. We here
at the Lodge had thought about going that route but backed off because
it looked insanely complicated and a mutual friend of ours who runs a
charity (gets schoolbooks and educational materials to poor kids in
Africa) talked about what a PitA it was. We figured if the guy who was
helping poor kids in Africa had a hell of a time getting his set up, a
pack of hackers in a rented workspace would probably not stand a
chance.

Nick, maybe you and I could pow-wow for a bit at Toorcamp, its been a
while since we caught up anyways..Shame my current batch of homebrew
wont be ready in time..I still have plenty of homebrew cider though..

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe