[hackerspaces] US hackerspaces - corporation formation and 501(c)3 status

Nick Farr (HacDC) nickfarr at hacdc.org
Mon Jun 15 17:05:02 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:38, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  At Noisebridge we also went the 501(c)(3) route.  We got a bunch of
> questions back from the IRS examiner, and answered them all last week.  We
> should hear back soon.

Hey Mitch!  Do you think anyone at Noisebridge would mind if you shared
those questions and your responses back?

I've had to answer similar questions for other non-profits in the past, and
I think it'd be really helpful for others filing their apps to see what the
IRS is interested in finding out!

Hope to see you guys at ToorCamp!

--
Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (202) 316-5850 | Fax: +1 (866) 536-2616