[hackerspaces] Vetting new members

webmind webmind at puscii.nl
Wed Jul 22 09:38:27 CEST 2009

jaromil wrote:

<a lot of sensible stuff>

> i can witness  Harry also makes use of very  good drugs, namely Triple
> Trappist, and  yes his  influence is  so bad that  he got  me addicted
> too. beware of those monks, should  be vetted out of any space indeed!
> noone can redeem us anymore!

I'd also like to say that I'm quite happy with the drug addictions in
germanny which is now also spreading to the netherlands, belgium and the
united states. One that is probably some hacklabs their main income of
funds[1].
And also ASCII in past was mainly powered by drug consumption[2].

These two different drugs, one a more soft kind, the other definitly a
hard drug where and are probably driving motors or atleast energysources
behind hacklabs/hackerspaces. One could contemplate this works for other
drugs aswell[3]? ;)

All jokes aside, I do not like drug-usage very much, although I might
use one or two once in a while. I do fully agree with the sentiments of
harry, jaromil, albi, steve. I think drug -usage- shouldn't exclude
people, neither do I think background checks are a very nice and
trustworty thing(besides unreliable) and that one should start with a
beginning of trust(inlcuding giving people a (second) chance). If we
asume people are out to get us, they ought to be. :)

My 2ct,

w.

[1] club-mate
[2] beer
[3] <censored>

- --
GPG-Key: 4096R/FCF154AE 2008-10-19 [expires: 2012-10-18]
Key fingerprint: 0506 976E 2346 53B4 A628  EC33 E23D 16EE FCF1 54AE