[hackerspaces] insuring a hackerspace

Steve Clement steve at localhost.lu
Tue Jan 27 16:22:46 CET 2009

Hi ppl,

Let's say at least in Luxembourg you HAVE TO get insurance in order to
Rent a place.

To get around that a Person has to Rent it Privately (effectively
lying, thus not legal but it's done a lot)
Then the person is liable.

And to be honest insurance IS as Big of a Problem/Issue as IT-Security.
It's totally under-estimated until the House burns down and 3 are
Killed (damn, so negative today)

But seriously, you should always at least consider an insurance
especially if you do experiments like:

http://tinyurl.com/2t5trc

or similar (I really liked the coin shrinking done in one of the
HackerSpaces http://tinyurl.com/a7sa4 )

As we don't have our space yet we don't thought about insurance, but
we will get one and blatantly lie about what we do.

We do theoretical IT-thinkering Mr. Agent.

cheers,

Steve
--
Let's build a Hackerspace in Luxembourg!
http://www.hackerspace.lu
mailto:steve at hackerspace.lu
.lu: +352 20 333 55 65