[hackerspaces] list of events

Matt brimstone at the.narro.ws
Fri Jan 9 23:30:59 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 16:50 -0500, Leigh Honeywell wrote:
> I'm not quite seeing what the use case for this is.  Why not just point
> to the calendars run by the individual spaces?  Then we don't have to
> worry about who uses Mediawiki and who uses Google Calendar and who
> scratches dates on a slate tablet :)

After talking with ruebezahl in #hackerspaces. I propose there just be a
|calendar= property (or |ics=) on the hackerspaces template for spaces
to say where their ICS formatted feed lives. The ICS format has
provisions for lat/long. There needs to be a script or something
aggregating all of these events from the spaces into a database. Another
web facing script could then allow searches based on a point and a
radius and export those results into an ICS format as well. This
shouldn't be that difficult to setup, and allows the spaces to use
whatever they want for managing their calendars. I have yet to use a
calendar client that doesn't have ICS support.

#matt