[hackerspaces] list of events

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:08:39 CET 2009

There are two ways I could see this going: wiki, or some kind of
centralized data structure.

A wiki would be useful because it is, in general, intuitive and easy
for anyone to update. It can also merge into the rest of the wiki
quite well.

On the other hand, I could see the use of a central data store whose
output could be visualized in a number of ways. A monthly (or yearly)
calendar output (using yui or whatever suits you), an rss stream,
outputs to thunderbird/outlook, etc. A lot of people would benefit
from a filterable stream of events either pertaining to their
interests or in their area.

The former is easy, but not as distributable. The latter is extremely
useful, but rightfully is more complex and requires planning (how do
you insert new events? Who inserts them? Who decides what events are
allowed?)

Perhaps someone could put up the former as a quick solution, and then
grok the latter as a cool project idea?

aestetix