[hackerspaces] CAD tools

druid at stonedcoder.org druid at stonedcoder.org
Wed Feb 25 21:30:55 CET 2009

We are pretty standardized on eagle and corel draw for most drafting / pcb
needs. eagle is free for small PCBs, and actively supported by the
community with libraries and instructables.

Corel draw is just damn easy compared to autodesk products for instance.

I don't see open source licensing being a huge benefit for these tools at
this time, though it would be nice. Also linux is awesome, but all the
students at workshops I run have had windows laptops pretty much, or had
the tools issue well in hand. Identifying tools to address the lowest
common denominator of student/member is important.

-Eric

www.htink.net