[hackerspaces] museums and hackerspaces

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:42:55 CEST 2009

Hi Nina,

I used to attend a science museum in Southern California called the "Youth
Science Center" when I was a little kid.  They had a big Tesla coil, a bunch
large snakes and herptiles, and classes where you could set things on fire,
make messes, etc.

If it were still around, I would probably be volunteering there.  I think
the Hacker Space concept is really much the same thing, for those of us that
never lost the desire to make a mess and learn things.  We started our space
about 2 years ago, after we realized that all of our parties ended up with
us in the garage working on robots, welding metal, etc.

So it would be good to refer people who have an interest in hands-on tech to
their nearest space.  Science shouldn't be just about kids!  :)

Arclight

23b Shop:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/23b_Shop