[sudoroom] Hackertime/Hackerspace

Andrew Hoerner towardvictory at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:24:44 CEST 2012

Dear folks--
I personally am all for mixing politics with hacking. My politics motivate
my hacking, and vice versa.  If I had to separate them, I would not do
either one as well or as happily.

But it seems to me that sudoroom has moved from being a group that supports
hacking to being a group that organizes a future space that supports
hacking. Organizing and hacking are both great, and I support, and do,
both. But its hard to hack in a room full of people organizing.

Is there anyone else who would like to separate hackertime from
organizertime? Are there other people besides me who want to hack now, and
not just later when the better space is available? It could, I think, be in
the same space. I know Anca has been talking about splitting the space in
two, so there is a hackerspace and organizerspace (albeit a
hackerorganizerspace) at Tech Liminal at the same time, but that would mean
that the sudoroom people would have to choose one or the other and could
not do both.

Andrew Hoerner