[sudoroom] Meeting Minutes

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:57:43 CEST 2012

Howdy all,

Here are some minutes, Marina may have some more notes. Expect a note from
me tomorrow tying these things together with the wiki and getting us moving
forward.

It was a great meeting, thanks everyone who attended, your contributions
were valuable and it's encouraging to be part of such an enthusiastic,
passionate, and creative group. You should be proud to have considered so
precisely what a far range of issues we have to tackle to be the kind of
inclusive and positive space we want to be.

without-further-ado:

Agenda:

1. Debrief to close out the event and conjure tasks for follow-up
* Tasks to be completed by people who contacted these particular folks in
the first place
 + email our speakers, thanking them
 + email to thank groups/people who gave us stuff
 + email attendees/donors, thanking them as well
  - square, eventbrite, and facebook
 + include a call to action and opportunities
  - mailing list - figure solution to create "announce" list (Jenny + Matt
+ ?)

2. What is sudo room?
 + Looked at definition on wiki
 + Looked at definition on eventbrite, collaboratively edited
* Task to Introductory email to Sudo Room Definitions (Matt)
 + Move what's on eventbrite to wiki.
 + Conceptually separate Sudo Room from the projects themselves.
 + Also recognize Sudo Room is new,
 + Consensus-based decision-making workshop with Rachel (talk with Jenny)
 + Value in transparency and democracy
 + Sudo Room very much committed to access
 + Inclusion as a concept - and equity
 + Fairness may a good word that generalizes some of these concepts

3. Moving forward
* This process will take place in an email thread, on-wiki, and in an
additional SR meeting TBA (Matt)
 + Initiate process to resolve major Sudo Room structural issues
  - Governance, how do we make decisions and why?
  - Finance, how will we bring in future income?
 + More donation options (tabled to next meeting)

Marginalia:
* "[I] want the most encompassing and powerful hackerspace in the world
that still remains fun" - Timon, the butler.
* Michael Scroggins is the royal Sudo Room taster. No food shall be eaten
without his tasting and subsequent survival.

// Matt