[sudoroom] This compact in a nutshell

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:45:55 CEST 2012

As promised. I wrote "This compact in a nutshell" and posted it to the top
of the compact at
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Sudo_room/Compact#Compact_in_a_nutshell

In the budget section there is still the text "(insert link here)" ,
somebody should probably insert that before we ratify.

Bellow is the compact in a nutshell:

Best,
Max

Purpose

"sudo room is an association of individuals (called "sudoers") established
to collectively support a creative community and hacker spaceand with
corresponding values" like opennes, safespace, and do-ocracy.

   - Members-only

To be a member, you have to pay the monthly fee. Necessarily some members
are more member than others, there can always be a vote for: the *
facilitator*, the *scribe*, and the *exchequer*.

   - Friends-with-benefits

Anything that sudo room owns, you can use. Plus we buy things together.

   - Decisions, decisions

Quorum is 10 people. Financial decisions, and endorsements need consensus.
Termination of a member is 2/3 vote, after a tribunal.

   - Budget a la mode

Sudo room tries to be a firm, possibly nonprofit, in California for tax
purposes. Anyone can do the budget, which is open. The point of the budget
is to, reduce monthly fees, and issue soft dividends; but also to keep 3
months of rainy-day money and no surplus.

   - Ch-ch-ch-changes

Changes to the compact require consensus.