[sudoroom] This compact in a nutshell

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:41:20 CEST 2012

Notes in-line:

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Max Klein <isalix at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Sudo_room/Compact#Compact_in_a_nutshell
>
> In the budget section there is still the text "(insert link here)" ,
> somebody should probably insert that before we ratify.

Agreed.

> Purpose
>
> "sudo room is an association of individuals (called "sudoers") established
> to collectively support a creative community and hacker spaceand with
> corresponding values" like opennes, safespace, and do-ocracy.
>

>    - Members-only

I think this is inaccurate. Yes, the association is a membership-based
association, but the group is explicitly interested in making membership
accessible AND offering access, services, and opportunities to non-members.
I changed this to:

Becoming a member is easy and the goal is to keep due rates low. Plus the
public is welcome anyway!

>    - Budget a la mode
>
> Sudo room tries to be a firm, possibly nonprofit, in California for tax
> purposes.

This is a bit inaccurate, changed to:

Sudo room is meant to make good business decisions--like suitable corporate
and tax structures, if and when necessary.

> The point of the budget is to, reduce monthly fees, and issue soft
> dividends; but also to keep 3 months of rainy-day money and no surplus.

Simplified to:

but also to keep rainy-day money

Thanks for contributing!

// Matt