[foodhackingbase] Introduction and Question

Kai Du info at hobbykoch-podcast.de
Sat Jan 17 08:46:02 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

@Frantisek: Makgeolli I didn´t know yet. That is very interesting. I
know a chinese dish, which uses cooked glutinous rice and aspergillus
orizae to make a sweet, slightly alkoholic dessert. I tried to make rice
wine with the dried ferment I got from a chinese friend, but wasn´t
happy with the result. So I really loke forward reading about those
recipes. I bought some dark and light miso paste. Can I use those as a
starting agent to produce doenjang?

The links for the soy sauce experiment are these:
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/sojasose-selbst-herstellen-1-teil/
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/sojasose-selbst-herstellen-2-teil/
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/sojasose-selbst-herstellen-3-teil/
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/sojasose-selbst-herstellen-4-teil/
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/sojasose-selbst-herstellen-v/

A joghurt making tutorial (it´s much easier done in summer):
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/joghurt-selbst-herstellen/

Here is my youtube video abaout kimchi making:
http://hobbykoch-podcast.de/kimchi/

my recent experiment of making Sauerkraut without a traditional clay pot
didn´t work out.

Best wishes,
Kai