[foodhackingbase] Introduction and Question

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Sat Jan 17 05:43:23 CET 2015

Hi to all,
I like the idea that you used wild fermentation for your soysauce. Could
you share the links to your blog posts in Germany? Most of us can go
through that directly with the help of translation tools I believe (the
more lucky ones even without :-)). We should create some page on our
wikies, maybe temporarily something under "temporary" section like
"soysause" fermentation would be handy?

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Temporary

I hope to start Korean style soybean ferment called 된장 (doenjang)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doenjang

soon, one part of the ferment as already mentioned is "doenjang" which
is the soybean paste, second part, the liquid fraction is "ganjang",
Korean style soy souce. The doenjang, I would say is one of the three
essential Korean ferments, together with vegetable ferments called
kimchies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi) and rice ferments called
makgeollies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makgeolli). Note all of these
ferments have many variations based on style of fermentation,
ingredients, season and location.

For me beer and soybean ferments are again topic for this year, I hope
to add beekeeping which translates as good and reasonably prices source
of honey - I would like to take just around 30% of the bees harvest so
more biodynamic style so they can happily prosper.

Sincerely,

Frantisek