[foodhackingbase] kefir, kombucha, nato and other cultures share at 29c3

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 13:44:17 CET 2012

Hi to all,
I'm forwarding this email from Alexander. He is after milk and water kefir cultures, I and many others would be after ginger plant, kombucha and many others I bet. Could people who have any of these or other interesting cultures mention it and bring some to the 29c3 so we can share it? We can do a "swap". We will need quite some numbers for workshops and people interested and I would prefer to get it through the community rather than to buy it - we can always give some money to people sharing cultures because it costs money to keep them going, I know that very well! :-)

I will try to bring some cultures with me, but due to the fact that I have to make through the customs (flying from Korea) I can not promise anything ... If I'm lucky I will be bringing a little bit of milk kefir grains, natto, nuruk and maybe koji.

I think that it would be good to make separate wiki page with list of cultures and possible contributors at the fhb 29c3 wiki page. I'm busy next two days but I will try to set it up by Saturday.

Talk to you soon and please shout out if you can contribute and of course ask around please!

Sincerely from Seoul,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

PS Links to nuruk and nato

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natt%C5%8D   natto