[foodhackingbase] budget proposal

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 12:08:19 CET 2012

Hi to all,

OK below the email is the text of the proposal for the Food Hacking Base (fhb) budget for 29c3 and here is the link to the wiki version

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/FHB_Budget

I hope to hear your comments and suggestions so we can come up with "a plan" .

Sincerely from Seoul,

FA

PS Thanks for starting to sign in!

====Budget====

I propose budget of around 500 EU for this whole event. Preferred option
would be to receive donations in advance which we do not have to return, just one way and final. Second option would be to receive “returnable
donation” which we would give back to the supporter at the end of the
event.

We should discuss kick starter options for both USA and Europe, what are
the “agencies” which we could try to use, who would be taking care about that etc.

There should be at least one person which would be OK to receive money
donations by paypal and/or bank transfers (Europe based I think).

We will have a donation box at Food Hacking Base assembly location so we
will collect donations in this way, it worked well the last time.

I (Frantisek Apfelbeck) would like to ask to have clearly labelled
donation box of my own on the place too, I need to cover at least part
of my travel costs (around 800 EU in total), otherwise I will be in
trouble. I hope you will be OK with that, I see this as a better option
compared to “mixing it” with fhb donations. I am sure that there will be quite a bunch of people who will put money in both :-)

We should be clearing our balance each day so we know how we are doing. I
would recommend to have it online probably Google spreadsheet or
something else?

If we are cash positive at the end of the event, we should keep the cash
with someone involved at fhb who is not me (Frantisek Apfelbeck - I am
too volatile for that, on the road all the time) for the next event. We
spend around 130 EU for 28c3 event and were left with extra 45 EU which
are part of the budget for this event (so just 455 EU to go :-)).

We should also discuss what are we going to do with the ingredients which
are going to be left over. We could redistribute them among ourselves or maybe give it to some hacker space, CCC or some charity?

So please comment and discuss, sincerely,

FA