[Foodhacking_at_camp] food hacking base at 28c3

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:09:07 CET 2011

Hi Frantisek,

I know only anecdotal evidence of its healty properties from my parents and
a bit of marketing words from the manufacturer web-site. I can point you to
that web-site when I get to normal Internet, but its in Russian and have no
scientific evidence, AFAIK. The only useful thing there is a list of latin
names of cultures mixed in.

Btw, I heard that "sour cream" aka сметана (in Russian) is not very well
known outside of xUSSR. This was surprising for me, as it's a fundamental
component of our cuisine. I still can't believe that :) What is your
experience here?

For the record, "sour cream" is made by the same process as sour milk,
kefir or yougurt, but from cream. We use fresh cream only with coffee and
few other cases, while we use sour cream everywhere as a base for sauces
and toppings. And I love this :) I also wonder whether it's healthier then
using fresh cream.

--
Alexander Chemeris
Sent from my Android device. Sorry for my brevity.