[Foodhacking_at_camp] discussion about food hacking base sill open

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 14:18:28 CEST 2011

Hi mAcfreAk,

Thanks for the action!

Concerning the pricing. I would like to do it in the way that the output of the
workshops will be put on the buffet style of catering, which means that the
ingredients will be paid by the hackers on the plane, so no expense by
participants here. People will be free to taste their product (hopefully not eat
it all).

The other option is to ask for a small donation for the workshop, like 2-3 EU
per person and give them free meal from the buffet based on their choice, with
sushi or what ever they produce being a part of it. This option may be more
viable, it worked for me till now.

Concerning the people who give the workshops they will have access to the buffet
and their meal for sure, I was not considering paying them extra money for
workshop (or paying my self, I'll do quite nice few too). However I would
support the options like donations towards the workshops, suggested donations,
entry level donation (let say 50 EU has to be put in no matter by whom for the
workshop to take place etc.). I think it would be cool to mention to the people
that the ingredients are for free, so they know that they give money to the
person who makes the workshop happen (if the ingredients are not bought by the
person, that is fine with me too).

I plan to do my workshops based on free donations, who wants can give money in,
nice and simple but if the person is broke, now worry. In this way I would like
to cover my ticket and travelling costs and get hopefully some money extra for
more projects.

So what do you think? I hope it is OK with you that I posted to the group,
because these are important questions to answer, so lets work on it.

Sincerely,

Frantisek

PS I'll create a post on the wiki concerning the donation scenarios so it is
more easily accessible.