[foodhacking] who is into food&beverage hacking

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 13:18:13 CEST 2013

Hi there,
I'm bit tired today so apologies for short reply. To Matt, do you know
Three Stone Hearth kitchen in Berkeley? http://www.threestonehearth.com/
If you are bit busy these days to start some experiment of your own you
could have a look there, they do a lots of probiotics, I can get you in
touch but it is not really necessary they are very community friendly. To
Nathan, well fresh raw milk and especially the top is something what I was
highly enjoying when volunteering on organic farms in California and at
Three Stone Hearth kitchen especially even when I do not drink fresh milk
usually - I prefer fermented versions, kefir is my best.

Concerning the food hacking etc. I think that there can be quite a lot of
done with minimum of resources, getting more through the "ants' work" as we
say in Czech, a little by little. I plan to start for example to grow our
Food Hacking Base "stickers" or rather logo based on the kombucha culture
and later on probably laser "cutting/printing" on this microcellulose
matrix and sharing it within next "sticker exchange" with variety of
hackerspaces latest at 30c3. Hopefully some other hackerspaces will try
this process too. It is a small experiment but I think a nice one because
it is simple, it is probiotic and in a way it is "3D growing" which is
something bit different than you read on the discusses every day.
Personally I really believe that majority of our materials/items will be
sooner or later grown anyway ...

Well that was my quick post just in reply hope to hear more ideas soon! By
the way is anyone coming to 30c3 in Germany in December this year?

Sincerely from Jeju, South Korea,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck