[foodhacking] who is into food&beverage hacking

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 14:23:05 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
I'm on the list for some time waiting a bit in vain for some more food and beverage focused conversations. I would like to ask if people who are into this field could get in touch with me. I'm involved in Food Hacking Base (fhb) project which is promoting the fusion of the ancient knowledge of food and beverage making with today's science and technology and spreading it within (and out) the hacker community. Next big event after OHM 2013 where we were running the experimental kitchen and workshop place is 30c3 (Computer Chaos Club conference) - 30th anniversary in Hamburg at the end of this December. We plan to call for participation within next two weeks or so, aiming for another crowd sourcing campaign etc. This time we consider to build a separate food&beverage&bio experimental lab which would be dedicated not really to food and beverage preparation, rather testing and really playing. We still want to run the experimental kitchen and workshop area as
 on the events before. We are now going through the things and what we do really depends on who gets involved, as usually.

Anyway if you are into these topics, please get in touch either with me or on our discuss, for more info please check our OHM 2013 wiki

https://ohm2013.org/wiki/Village:Food_Hacking_Base

now we are starting to build up our media wiki

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Main_Page

I hope to talk to you soon, in one or two weeks you will see here the call for participation anyway.

Sincerely,

FAA

PS Personally I'm into food&beverage fermentations (mostly non alcoholic, probiotic). By the way I have heard from Sandor Katz (from his recent blog post) that there are people involved in DIY Bio based in Copenhagen who are experimentally monitoring the development of the microbial "flora and fauna" of sauerkraut. Also I have been told by Mitch Altman that there is a group in Paris who is experimenting with the kombucha grown microcellulose biofilms, does anyone know them? I'm now starting to grow our Food Hacking Base 30c3 batches so a bit of info would be handy :-)

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org