[Finance] Introductions?

Koen Martens gmc at metro.cx
Tue Jul 13 18:42:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:30:24AM -0400, Ben Brown wrote:
> Haven't seen anything on here yet despite the two-dozen people
> subscribed, so perhaps introductions are in order?

Well then, let me shortly introduce myself as well. I'm Koen/gmc, from
Revelation Space. I'm the chair of the foundation set up to support our
space, which is in The Hague, The Netherlands.

We have two treasurers actually, one for the income and one for the
expense.

We're using gnucash for the bookkeeping, with some python scripts to import
transactions from our bank. We're keeping track of members & membership dues
in a google spreadsheet.

We planned to use software to track membership and dues, but never found a
good piece of software. They all either were hard to setup/maintain, did not
fit with the infrastructure or were way to bloated (CRM and such).

We had plans to write some software for this purpose, but the current
situation has proven to be satisfactory, so there is currenlty no itch
to scratch.

We do not have special tax status.. It would be doubtful whether we could
get tax-exemption status in .nl, there's a strict set of conditions attached
to it, which we don't meet at the moment.

Gr,

Koen