[Finance] Introductions?

SkyDog skydog at hackerconsortium.com
Tue Jul 13 18:00:58 CEST 2010

I'm Trevor a.k.a. SkyDog from the Hacker Consortium in Nashville, TN.
I'm the President, and Seeblind, our Vice President and temporary
Treasurer is on here also. I don't want to steal his thunder by telling
our processes at the moment, but we had a M$ box set up with Terminal
Services and M$'s free accounting package. The person in the treasurer
position wanted to use an open source package, and would not touch a M$
program. I think that deciding on a package and sticking with it is key
to good recordkeeping. The hard part is that it's hard to know what to
use up front, and sometimes it's easier to just throw it in excel or
GoogleDocs and run with it. Maybe this list can help the new groups to
get started on the right foot.

Past that, I'm tickled that someone setup this list, and that we're able
to discuss finances on it. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

-Sky