[hackerspaces-theory] ping

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Fri Dec 7 23:53:32 CET 2012

From: Jan Vanvinkenroye <jan at vanvinkenroye.de>
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces-theory] ping
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 21:03:56 +0100

> Hello there,
>
> 2012/12/5 Yves Quemener <quemener.yves at free.fr>:
>> Alternatively, the hackerspace movement could have its own journal with its
>> own criterion, for instance : no pay-walled references, published data and
>> open licences on software and hardware created. There, it becomes the
>> journal that needs to grow a reputation. This is totally possible also.
>
> Why not found a hackerspace-theory journal?

i am not sure if hackerspaces will be around in 5-10 years, actually.
and it takes 3-5 years to garner enough reputation for a journal to
make it worthwhile publishing in it, from an academic perspective.  i
would also be afraid to make a ghetto with our own publication rather
than trying to talk to other scientists in the already too overcrowded
academic journal land.  besides, the journal of peer production just
started and has many hackerspace / open hardware researchers on board.
i find that context interesting as a theoretical framework as well.

maxigas, kiberpunk

--

 ⬢ ⬢  |metatron
⬢   ⬢ |research

FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614  0901 7879 63BC 287E D166