[sudoroom] Feminist Hacker Hive meeting 5pm Wed 1/23

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:18:03 CET 2013

If you've never heard of the feminist hackerhive, it's a wonderful and
amazing thing that Liz Henry has been organizing over the past year.
Basically a bunch of women and other folks get together and
commiserate over sexism, trolling, and general headaches we encounter
in geek/hacker culture. And in general create support networks,
community and solidarity!

There were a number of meetings at Noisebridge last year, and after a
hiatus, our first meeting of 2013 will also be the first East Bay
meeting at Sudo Room! Come join us at 5pm this Wednesday January 23rd,
before the general SR meeting.

Some links about the Hive are on the Noisebridge wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anarchafeminist_Hackerhive

And here's some of Liz's past blog posts about Hive meetups:
http://bookmaniac.org/anarchafeminist-hackerhive-meetup/
http://bookmaniac.org/feminist-hackerhive-meetups/
http://bookmaniac.org/hackerhive-and-the-laser-cutter/

If this sounds up your alley, then please join us! :)