[sudoroom] New message from Styrofoam Sanchez

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:54:00 CET 2013

Hi guys! This sounds awesome to me!

Eddan & I chatted recently about art murmurs, since with the new year I am
starting to switch my focus away from the north oakland storefront space.
Excited to team up with sudo to teach sewing classes this spring! I am
thinking of renting a space in the building for sewing suppliez.  This may
start as soon as  february - regardless, for february art murmur, I am
stoked to put energy into art & merriment at sudo.

I have produced tons of events and would love to start putting more effort
into our first Friday efforts .  One thing I though i'd throw out there - I
have mostly done free parties in the past because of how often a cover
charge is a dealbreaker for people you really want to bring in... not just
because of poverty or stinginess but also in this case because art murmur
is such a free giant party that anything which costs entry can seem
pointless. Or it could be a good gatekeeper, keeping things manageable to a
dull roar!  Agressively suggesting donations might be a good middle way to
consider...

Maybe the styrofoam guys would do it in exchange for some sort of honorary
memberships that we invent in order to compensate them?

Just some thoughts! I am slammed getting a bunch of smart garments ready
for a show next weekend but would love to start talkin about this. Not sure
if I can make wednesday's meeting this week.

R.