[sudoroom] A shared room for a Sudo room Tech/Biohacking space?

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:51:06 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I just wanted to follow up on a discussion that we had last night, it seems
that many of us want to have a permanent space (with a lockable and use
able room) although there seems to be some disagreement on the exact
specifications of the room. So instead of getting full Sudo room agreement
one of the suggestions was to reach out to everyone and create a "coalition
of the willing" for an initial larger room (thanks to Eddan, Matt, Marina
and the rest of the Sudo room group that took the first leap with the first
smaller rooms and closets to get us into the space!).

What we're currently considering would be renting one of the upstairs
room's on a month to month basis (we think George would be willing to rent
it for $1600), this doesn't have to be our final space but it would be a
good start. As it will be an ongoing commitment we'll be looking at
a founding group that would be willing to commit to supporting the shared
space for one year both financially and with shared responsibilities (the
more of us involved the lower the financial comittment and shared
responsibilities :) ).

The initial plan (which is very open to discussion) would be for
financially supporting members to have keys to the shared room and holding
to the open access principles of Sudo room, we would invite other members
in when a key holding member was present. One additional benefit would be
the use of the large shared space upstairs for sudo room events which we
think George might let us do. If you're interested, could you please sign
up below?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsQ2Ur3gqJI_dFRyalZjOHQzYmotZkxNWU9lLXhEeHc

All the best,
Ryan