[sudoroom] One Room to rule them all

Jae Kwon jkwon.work at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:44:38 CET 2012

> Sorry to hear about the printer going down.  Overvoltage or what do you think?  I have some good stepper driver chips we can rig up if needed..8 i think.  I'm heading to TX on friday but I'll be back on the 26th.  Looking forward to move-in.

Overvoltage, somehow plugging in 19V into the arduino board caused:

1) a 19 -> 12 v voltage regulator to burn up. Removing the burnt chip seems to magically fix it :) I think it wasn't being used, maybe the reason why the original fan burnt out.
2) a stepper driver burned, maybe because I plugged it in the wrong way.

This is what burned: http://ultimaker.com/usd1.0
What kind of stepper driver chip do you have, the A4988 or A493? Do you have a board for it?

I got a laser printer and some copper boards for the purpose of printing our own boards. It would be a good exercise to print a custom PCB for your chip.
We also want to set up a dremel or your drill press to precisely make tiny holes on the PCB.

> I think Matt's proposal about being able to reserve desk space for ongoing projects is a good one - we could start with our own spaces at the proposed rent and then either find exclusive space elsewhere or just get better at putting things away once things are fiscally solvent.  I was thinking if it's only a temporary arrangement we shouldn't be included on the lease as individuals.  What do you think, 3 months would be a reasonable committment in order to get things off the ground fiscally for sudoroom?

I can commit to 3 months too.

 - Jae