[sudoroom] Art Murmur membership application

Tracy Jacobs kinetical at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 08:45:13 CEST 2012

Hi Patrick,

Sorry we missed you tonight.  We have been meeting upstairs at the new
space and it's very comfortable.  I will try and fill you in on what's
happening or in the works for July 6th:

George the landlord is completely in support of us doing Art Murmur,
in his words, "That's what this space is for!"

The community room was reserved already for that night, but it was
reserved by a painter who has his studio in one of the rooms
downstairs, who wants to attract Art Murmur traffic for his own show
and is also not officially registered with Art Murmur. He would be
happy to collaborate/show with our group.

I painted the box office inside white and patched holes, it looks
beautiful now.

Timon and or Troy are talking about painting the outside green or
something to serve as green screen for video projects.  There seems to
be a lot of interest in video projects, and we can borrow a projector
for the night.  Upstairs there is a big white wall that would be an
excellent surface to project video on.

As for the box office, I think it should be a little gallery, at least
for Art Murmur.  I have two small solar powered kinetic sculptures, of
a T-phage virus and an iris flower , that I will bring in.  I also
have a nice panel with neural cells and LED's.  I would love to see
some actual Sciencey thing in there, like the kind of stuff you do at
bio-curious, if there is anything you could bring.  Anything you want
to bring to contribute in the way of Art or Science, would be great.
I want to propose that only things made by Sudo room members should be
exhibited.  Selling work is also a possibility.  We can talk about
whether Sudo room wants to take any commission on what is sold.

One of the goals currently, is to attract new membership and interest
in Sudo Room, and I think the Art Murmur event can help a lot with this.

Max is making a Sandwich board for out front to tell people we are
here and to come in!

Erica are you working on the sewn logo?

Anyone who has something they have made and would like to exhibit,
just bring it in.

There are several people who have said they would like to do a group
collaboration, and that is a great idea, just keep shouting out your
ideas and form groups.  There may not be time to accomplish what you
want by next Friday, but  there is another event next month , First
Friday in August.  We don't have a lot of workshop here yet, but Ace
Monster Toys has quite a lot I think, and also several members
including myself have garage workshops.

One thing that we need is sound, if anyone plays music or can bring
some kind of sound into the space for the night, that would be terrific.

I will cc everyone that I know expressed interest in being part of the
Art Murmur Sudo group, and I will cc to the main list.  If you want to
be added to the Art Murmur Sudo group, just say.

Tracy