[sudoroom] Join

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:20:56 CEST 2012

Hello sudo list!

I am excited to participate in this community as it is forming.  I moved
to Oakland last fall after a decade in SF, where i also have been a
regular at Noisebridge for a few years.  I have been trying to balance
the importance of contributing to that community effort with my desires
to put down roots in the community where i now live, and am excited to
work towards helping people in Oakland learn to make things.  I see this
as integral work to healing the environment and ending discrimination.

I make a line of reconstructed garments, and sell them through a
cooperative storefront that I co-founded in North Oakland this past fall
called Coyote Counter Collective.  We have a garment construction/studio
space integrated with the storefront, and are excited to do craft
classes & workshops in our space... If anyone wants to talk more about
that I would love to!  I am also looking to be part of a cooperative
laser cutter purchase if anyone is interested in talking about that.

I also work in garment-embedded electronics and other microcontroller
based pursuits, and am generally interested in the intersection of
disciplines.

R.