[sudoroom] Join

Tracy Jacobs kinetical at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 03:01:54 CEST 2012

Hi SudoRoomers,

Thanks for such a fun meeting last week, and especially to Matt for
the great eats!  This week meeting at Tech Liminal again?

I have never introduced myself on the list either till now, I'm Tracy
Jacobs, kinetic sculptor/ geek/dogwalker,  I am working on making a
kinetic sculpture kit with an animal theme, that is very accessible to
girls.  I have a sculpture mfa specializing in metals and casting, but
got interested in electronics and kinetics about six years ago.  I
learned all the engineering I know from the Crucible kinetics
department and the internet.   I have been a member of Noisebridge
previously, and also Ace Monster Toys.

I am psyched that you all want to create a hackerspace community in my
neighborhood, I live near Lake Merrit/Glenview. I approve 100% of the
space that has been rented after seeing it last week, I think the
location is phenomenal, the space that can be used is substantial, the
rent will be minimal when divided up into 20+ members, and I think if
we can have a few events/classes there a lot more people will get
interested in participating.

I like the orientation of the people in your group, and hope that I
can be of some contribution.  I can see that you're all really
interested in setting a model for a more  sustainable economy and
lifestyle, and I think that's great.

I am interested in learning more about Cad software, to improve my
mechanical abilities at the moment.  Can anyone teach that or is
anyone else interested in studying together?

Things I am capable of teaching are:

Sculpture and basic design principles/processes
moldmaking
microcontrollers for kinetic  sculpture
welding

Let me know if there is any interest in that.

I would also like to host a meeting of the SfMicrocontroller club
there at the new space.

Nice meeting you all, see you again soon!

Tracy