[sudoroom] Join

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Mon Jun 11 04:17:34 CEST 2012

confirmation. you're finally on the mailing list!
which actually reminds me that I had wanted to suggest a round of
introductions for folks on the list, as we do at Wed. meetings. it would
be great to hear from people who haven't been able to come to an RL event.

having suggested it, let me throw my hat in the ring to start:

i'm the self-appointed exchequer of sudo room. what that means is still
unclear, but no one has yet said anything about this assertion of
authority.
i follow internet and society issues generally, and have been involved
in policy advocacy in particular. i'm most interested in social movement
brokerage, which i think is a way of hacking community values.
i'm excited to be a part of the coming together of sudo room, in part to
see how the issues play out on a local level. i also think this is a
great group of people. and i'm glad to be within biking distance - i
live in the grand lake area.
i have a daughter Eva, who is almost 4 years old (jul. 29) and my wife
Julie is an epidemiologist.
my favorite movie is 'until the end of the world,' i've been listening
to a lot of 'penguin cafe orchestra' lately, and thinking about digital
currency.