[sudoroom] Bringing the Biohackers to Oakland :)

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 05:39:49 CEST 2012

Hey Tracy,

Not sure but these guys are real biohackers and could really help us with
many projects too :) I can ask John to see how much space they need but the
equipment will be coming from formerly angel and venture funded biotech's
so it'll be some solid tech :)

I suspect we could probably squeeze it into a space under 500sq feet. Would
the downstairs space (floor level) have enough space to fit the equipment
in the back (probably some benches and etc?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Tracy Jacobs <kinetical at comcast.net> wrote:

> How big of a space do they need?   That sounds really cool, and I would
> like to have at a bio hacking lab at Sudo room!  I think there are
> available offices and that larger storefront, but the question is paying
> for it.  Someone has to come up with the deposits, etc.  We have furniture
> now too to put in a larger room.  I think it would be great if we could
> rent the storefront with some money from the kickraiser perhaps? At 1600
> it's a pretty good deal.  We could let some of the other spaces go perhaps,
> too, like the orange closet and/or the box office.  We would need 32 people
> to commit to paying $50 a month to cover that rent, though, do we have
> that?  If not, how can we get that many paying members?
>
> Tracy
>

> On Jul 27, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Ryan Bethencourt wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I might have a big win for us in Oakland for the the Sudo room on the
> biohacking front :)
>
> I have a small group of biohackers from Silicon Valley, that together are
> a group of 5 biotech start ups, some funded, some not and a bunch of
> equipment they're willing to share with us if we can house it somewhere.
> Could you guys share with me the cost of what it might cost to have a big
> enough space to put all of the equipment in (if it has to be
> a separate space in the same Sudo room building) or would we be willing to
> allocate a section to a wetlab (with lots and lots of biohacker goodies
> :))? They'll share it with us for free for access to the shared space :)
>
> All the best,
> Ryan
>
> --
> Ryan Bethencourt