[sudoroom] kickoff + fundraiser eventbrite text - edit away!

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:47:15 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

here is some possible text for invitations to the event. please send
suggestions for changes! there is no solid title yet for the talk
(highlighted below), so if you have ideas for snappier titles, please
suggest. other possible options for the talk that have been thrown around
include "The Urgency and Necessity for More Hackerspaces and Other Creative
Communities Here and Everywhere," "Hackerspaces: The Necessity for
Community Spaces for Projects and Learning," "Hackerspaces: The Necessity
for Community Spaces Then, Now, and Forever."

thanks,
marina

Sudoroom Oakland Hackerspace Kickoff + Fundraiser!

Please join us for a kickoff and fundraiser event for Sudo Room, a
newly-forming creative community hackerspace in Oakland, on May 4th at
7:00PM at Tech Liminal in downtown Oakland! Sudo Room aims to create a
hackerspace in the downtown Oakland area that seeks to be inclusive of
technical and non-technical knowledge, citizen science, digital/online
citizenship and literacy, and community engagement.

We are officially kicking off our search for a room of our own on May 4th
with a night of talks from East Bay hackerspacers followed by time for an
unconference, drinks, and socializing. We are very excited to have Mitch
Altman and members of hackerspaces in the East Bay hold a conversation on
the topic of “Hackerspaces: The Necessity for Community Spaces Here and
Everywhere” Afterwards, we have scheduled time for a brief unconference and
enjoyment of snacks and fine Oakland homebrew!

The event is free to attend, but we encourage donations to help us
accomplish our goal of opening a Sudo Room of our own! We encourage you to
donate in advance via Eventbrite, though we will also provide opportunity
to donate at the event.

Find out more at sudoroom.org or email us at
sudoroom at citizensciencequarterly.com. We look forward to seeing you at Tech
Liminal (268 14th St., Oakland, CA) on May 4th at 7:00PM!