[SpaceProgram] Distributed Funding branch of "Fwd: Project Management, Starships, and the Failure of Modern Physics - YouTube"

David M. ainut at hiwaay.net
Sun Sep 30 18:46:54 CEST 2012

Do these visualization and 'mind mapping' tools sound as if they are
useful for most of this group's members?

IMHO, if we can even begin with 'mind mapping' and visualization, we can
1) document our ideas and thoughts for historical purposes and more
importantly, 2) share and discuss our ideas.  3) We can elaborate on
particular threads of ideas without losing other competing/cooperating
ideas in the process.

Also, funding sources and distributions can be laid out for all to see.

Logistics: I have some web space available on my ISP servers or could
dedicate some space on a computer at home to house the info, BUT I'll
need some help with setting it up and maintaining it.  I've been in
computer science since 1977 but have never set up a web-based anything.  :)

David M.

On 09/29/2012 08:02 PM, Jerry Isdale wrote:
> Cool summary.. Ben was one of the people I got to know years ago when
> digging into InfoVis
> http://www.isdale.com/jerry/InfoVis/noframes/IEEE_InfoVis98.html
>
> alas the other links/pages from my vr review days are all messed up.
>
> Jerry Isdale
> http://MauiMakers.com
> http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/
>
> On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
>
>> Hey guys, I found a video with Ben Shneiderman talking about
>> Information Visualization for Knowledge Discovery:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1pKvDdLxVM
>>
>> Basically it is a broad overview of visual techniques.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Brent Shambaugh
>> <brent.shambaugh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> edit: You might also want to check out Concept Maps.

<<<snip>>>