[SpaceProgram] Fwd: Space Farmers: LEDs As Key To NASA's Permanent Lunar Life Support - Forbes

Máté Ravasz ravaszmeister at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:04:11 CEST 2012

I think we should discriminate between growing algae and growing plants.
You need different wavelengths and outputs for different organisms. So
although LEDs can be a great choice IMHO for algae, it might not be the
best solution for plants. This company for instance sells LEDs as algae
growth boosters: http://www.lumigrow.com/products/es-330-led-grow-light/

And yes, adding flavours and vitamins would be my goal too when engineering
algae.