[SpaceProgram] Fwd: Space Farmers: LEDs As Key To NASA's Permanent Lunar Life Support - Forbes

cole santos cksantos85 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:54:05 CEST 2012

Cheap LEDs cannot penetrate the leaf and therefore do no initialize
photosynthesis (ideal >1-3 watts per led). All decent led grow lights use
at least 3 spectrum simultaneously some are up to 7 now. Why did you want
to expose different spectrum at different times? Its cheaper to buy them
built than individual LEDs, due to volume purchasing. Alibaba has a huge
number of vendors, use reviews to discriminate. LEDs are subject to moores
law type paradigm so if you need them cheaper best thing to do is wait. As
soon as they are more common in home lights instead of cfl then you know
its not going to get much cheaper than that.