[SpaceProgram] Potential sponsors for Hackerspace Space Program

Alex Cureton-Griffiths alexcg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 07:13:45 CET 2012

Even though DARPA turned us down for the grant, getting funding is
still important for our project. More money means we can finance more
projects, and help out projects that require a chunk of capital
outlay. In addition, finding sponsors will likely bring exposure and
attract more people to the project, which again attracts more sponsors
and leads to a virtuous cycle.

Before approaching any potential sponsors I think we should tweak the
proposal (I found a few typos and bugs), and tailor depending on the
sponsor we're aiming for. For example, if we approach the Ansari X
Prize I would suggest the addition of micro-prizes for hitting
milestones on the tech tree.

I'm putting together a Google Spreadsheet of potential sponsors. Feel
free to edit/comment with your thoughts. Also, if you have any contact
info for the companies in the sheet, just fill them in. The sheet is
at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj7iWk0I7Jh8dFdrOTQ4TG96SC1iRVRHX0dNSy16ZHc
. It's open for editing for anyone who has the link

Happy 2012,
Alex C-G