[SpaceProgram] HSP Project Grants: One-Shot, Multi-Phase, Continuing?

Paul Szymkowiak paulszym+cchs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 03:00:39 CEST 2012

Hi Andreas,

On 15 April 2012 05:15, Andreas Sturm <masterstorm123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What types of projects would be of interest?
>
> You mean, what destinations?

That can be part of it, but "types" refers more generally to the types or
categories of research project.
for example, engines, waste management, vehicles, harvesting and producing
raw material, sustainability, energy production, etc.

For those I'd reccomend: Mars. Titan. Asteroids. Moon.

> Mars and Titan are very interesting!! Asteroids are easier to reach.

Yes, there has been some discussion of asteroids previously. I think
asteroid-related projects would be good candidates.

> Maybe also alternative rocket engines may be feasible: Adding Borine or
> Lithium to Hydrogen+Oxygen Engines boost exhaust velocities.
>
> Using fluorine as oxydator. It's not cheap, but for deep space missions it
> makes the weight smaller.

Again, I think projects that explore these ideas would be potentially good
candidates.

> Most of you are familar to the concept of a space elevator, I assume.
> Carbon nanotube research...

That would certainly be an interesting project proposal