[SpaceProgram] Introduction & Leightweight probes

Máté Ravasz ravaszmeister at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:47:53 CEST 2012

Hi there!

I'm Mat, another guy from the DIY bio group. I also joined just this list
recently. We are thinking about something similar to the lightweight probes
mentioned here, but a more down-to-earth version. I am involved in the work
of Puli Space Technologies ( http://pulispace.com/ ) where we are building
a moon rover and want to launch it around 2014. We would have room for a
small payload on the rover, which could hold some living material and a
mini camera. The idea would be put some bacteria or tardigrada or whatever
in a small container, and monitor the activity of these organisms as they
get launched from Earth and land on the Moon.

We did have a very lively group of students wanting to build a camera for
this, but they couldn't secure any funding for it. So theoretically if we
could design a small, light, low power unit with some living bugs in it, we
could send it to the Moon. How does that sound?

Cheers,
Mat