[Hackupy-discuss] Dovetail protester communications system

Gladys Regalado gladys at cp-union.com
Tue Jan 10 03:51:50 CET 2012

This is interesting and timely for us here in the Philippines. Just
yesterday the government ordered the country's two leading telephone
companies<http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=766453&publicationSubCategoryId=63>(we
fondly call telcos) to suspend
mobile services<http://noelcolina.tumblr.com/post/15561266667/kill-switch-turned-on-today>in
areas around the huge Black Nazarene procession. If they can use
"terrorist threats" to shut down services on a religious procession, they
can easily do this again on protest actions.

Sorry, I have no experience and can't do much on app development. But I'm
volunteering to run tests once the alpha version is up.

Gladys

---
BS Applied Physics
University of the Philippines