[Hacker-event-theory] Thoughts on the 30c3?

Walter van Holst walter.van.holst at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 8 09:42:54 CET 2014

On 2014-01-08 08:16, Nick Farr wrote:
> Just to get the discussion back underway: Who was at the 30c3?  What
> were your thoughts on the event?

1. That I probably should drink less
2. From an outside perspective it ran very smoothly, during the last two
days there was even a surplus of volunteers
3. It is not comparable to a camp, the logistics of a camp are an order
of magnitude higher than that of a congress in a building that already
has a lot of infrastructure (toilets for example).
4. The lounge was pretty awesome (and I don't use that word lightly)

Lastly, I am considering to submit a lecture for 31C3 titled "Hackers,
we need to talk". Because I feel we're at a dead end here. A massively
entertaining and intellectually challenging one, but nonetheless a dead
end. But that is a substantive issue that has little to do on how to
organise an event.

Regards,

  Walter