[foodhackingbase] Food Hacking Base Summer Cider Tour

algoldor at foodhackingbase.org algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Tue Aug 10 15:05:57 CEST 2021

Greetings to all,
I'm about to start the Summer Cider Tour. I've attached a "generic email" below which is focused on
Switzerland, however the demand and the extra info on the links is correct. Other than Switzerland,
I'm still looking for a venue in Berlin, Hamburg and Kiel plus of course any help with promoting
the event would be appreciated. If you are around any of the spot which I'm planning to hit please
let me know, it would be lovely to see you either at the event or in person if the time allows. It
has been quite a long time since we came together for the last time, I still hope that the CCC
congress will happen in presentiel this year.

Well that would be short hi, thanks a lot for spreading the word and I hope to see you soon or at
least to hear from you from time to time.

Sincerely,

Frantisek

Greetings,
I'm František Apfelbeck, Algoldor from Food Hacking Base (fhb) and I'm writing to you because I'm
organizing summer cider tour around Europe, similar to the former food hacking tours but more
focused on, well cider and I plan to visit Zürich. I'd like to know if it would be possible to
organize a cider tasting event at your place, possibly also some fermentation workshop and if so
what would be the conditions. If not any help with finding adequate alternative venue would be
appreciated. The event is between fifteen to twenty five people and so far I have been doing
donation based no one turned away for lack of funds with sale of my cider to the ones who are
interested at the end. My production is legal. I do not know how strict you are about covid rules,
I've had the disease in April 2021 and I've certificate confirming it. I've attached links with
more info about the event and the tour:

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Cidre_flows

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/2021_cider_tour

We have done before event in Genève in PostTenebrasLab otherwise I do not have too many contacts in
Switzerland so any help getting me connected would be appreciated. I plan to do this event also in
Genève, Loussane and Bern so I’m trying to get in touch with hackerspaces there. Important part of
this tour is to get in touch with professionals in Switzerland who would be interested in selling
my cider. I also plan to find a job there at least a seasonal one for next few years till my cider
business generates enough money so I can live from it, so there are several reasons for my interest
in the country, I need an opening.

Anyway that would be short overview, I hope we can find some way to make the event happen and
profit on both sides. If not I hope to see you at the winter congress if it happens in presentiel.

Sincerely,

František