[foodhackingbase] fhb meeting Sunday 5th of January 2020

Ben drsmith7470 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:23:14 CET 2020

Hi,

I'm sorry I missed the meeting, it slipped past me...

First of all I wanted to thank everyone for a great congress! Having
such good vibes with so many people in so little space can not be taken
for granted and it really was great.

I read the Meeting notes and agree with most points.

Here are a few things I would like to add:
- There was talk about adding a "three bucket" system in addition to the
sink to streamline cleaning the dishes and relaxing the lack of space
around the sink. That would be a system of three bigger containers, one
for rough cleaning, one for complete cleaning and one for rinsing.
Especially for lightly soiled dishes this could really help.
- I like the idea of "FAQ posters" very much, explaining the basics to
people would free up time and might help with donations
- Having the rules formulated on posters (clean up after yourself) will
help a lot I think
- The presentation desk as a central entry point for new people and as a
handout space for food is a good idea, unfortunately we didn't really do
that most of the time. I do understand that it is also due to a lack of
people. We might try to appoint someone responsible for this, I think we
might find someone.
- There are usually people who are not sure how to help, preparing a
list of open tasks could help giving quick answers.
- I would like to streamline the "cooking large quantities, handout for
donations" idea a little. Having semi reliable times for food and
combining that with the presentation desk might help. This would also
allow us to "block" the required resources for specific times only,
making it clearer for everyone when they can't use certain things and at
the same time that use is encouraged at all other times.

I will add these in the wiki as well.

By the way, when will the next event be?

Best wishes for the new year!
Ben