[foodhackingbase] A Fermentationlab in Brussels is seekingconnections

Marcel van der Peijl bigmac at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 6 14:18:29 CEST 2017

Hi Yannick,

We’re a slightly unorganized group of foodhackers living all over the world, but meeting at hackerevents in Europe; we do ccc congress every year, dutch and german summer camps, maybe emfcamp next year. I intend to visit fosdem next year for the first time, not sure if that will be as foodhackingbase then – depends on who can make it. The most involved person Frantisek ‘algoldor’ Apfelbeck currently lives in Normany making cider. I currently have all the kitchen equipment in my storage for events. And large tents.

Website is
https://foodhackingbase.org/

We provide community kitchen at hackerevents, feed our supporters, but mostly try to have workshops of which a lot is about fermentation and experimentation. We also build our own incubators with arduinos etc.

We were actually looking for a reason to meet halfway somewhere in Belgium (I live near Amsterdam) for a food hacking / fermentation based reason, maybe the weekend of 11/11 or so. Maybe we should plan something in Brussels for a change? We do events in Antwerp (voidwarrenties etc) sometimes too.

Frantisek is offline for the weekend, but I’m sure he’s very interested in your shop. He produces lots of kombucha, ginger beers, cider; some of that may be sellable in your shop. Same for kimchi which he makes (since he used to live in South Korea); some of us produce lots of sauerkraut; some absynth.

So please read up on our wikis, and think about meeting up! More after the weekend when Frantisek is back online. We usually have irc meetings on Sunday evening btw, #foodhackingbase on oftc.

TTYL,

Marcel van der Peijl
fhb