[foodhackingbase] who is in to keep the ball rolling transfer of responsibilities and glory

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Fri Mar 27 13:28:35 CET 2015

Hi to all and Lotte,
I will answer in the text as ### hoping that more people will do so
quickly so we can wrap up this one and set up the orga team for the CCC
camp event. As mentioned before my phasing out is on, comments are
comments and recommendations.

On 2015-03-20 01:25, Cooking Roffa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to push the ball a bit here to keep it rolling :-)
> If I read it correctly the two main questions in Frantisek's email
> are: who wants to be the FHB "main engine" and what are our "rules of
> engagement" so I'll adress those two topics.

### Yes these are my main questions.

> "main engine"
> I have been giving this a lot of thought. I really would like for the
> FHB to be at CCC2015, and someone will have to take on the role as
> "main engine" to make that happen. I'm considering to take up that
> role, though I know that this can be quite demanding. Also, my only
> experience with the FBH as one of the FHB folks is on 31C3.
> I will most certainly need a lot if help if I would decide to do it.

### If you willing to take up the job you got it seems to me, short and
simple :-) now the disclaimers :-) :-). We need to prepare for the CCC
camp in advance, later on the ground, run the event and wrap up after
the event. The preparations during the spring and early summer can and I
would suggest should be done within the orga team with people taking
different roles as you suggested before on our wiki page dedicated to
the event

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Camp_2015

I would recommend based on previous discussions with people and
experience to try to establish "main orga" consisting of 2-4 people or
so for the future events avoiding the "main coordinator" = one main
person, that was major possible point of failure in the past with me. If
that could be set good, if not well than we will have to have one person
in charge as before and in this case you and we will see in the future.
To my knowledge at the current moment Lotte is the only person who is
considering to be full time around fhb on the ground, can promise under
"reasonable conditions" to be there = really can make it to the camp,
was involved with fhb before at 31c3 a lot and knows already several
people from the group. This means that at the moment she is the only one
to who can actually be the "main" person on the ground, so if that stays
"she got the position" right? :-) No one objected so far. Now note from
me - if I can come and Lotte is willing to collaborate (which we have to
discuss everybody has different style etc.), I'll be happy to be another
"main orga person" involved on the ground. For preparations I'm
definitely in if people are OK with that. However as voiced before I
think my main task should be to phase out sooner or later becoming one
of the many and I do not and should not be any longer "the one main
person". Still this event if I can be around I want to be involved fully
hoping that I can skip 32c3 leaving fhb to get more independent and
sustainable based on the people involved but the process of transition
started already. Lets be honest camp is fun and I do not want to miss it
in a big way :-)

> So before I decide I would like to have some input from you.
>
> First and foremost: would you be ok with me being "main engine"? And
> please: no polite answers here.

### No one objected = yes. For the preparations are you OK to be one of
the main orga? On the ground you are the only one to be the main person
at the moment, I'm happy to couple with you if I can make it and you are
OK with that. However so far you would be the "one" congratulations.

> If so, my other questions are:
>
> 	* Is anyone else interested in being "main engine"?

### One of the cylinders yes, no longer the whole engine applies to the
future events too.

  	* Would you like to participate in organising FHB on CCC2015 and if
> so, what role would you see for yourself? Will you be available for
> helping out before the event also and if so, what would you prefer to
> do?

### I'll update the wiki concerning the positions which I'm into. So far
I can promise two to three months of being one of the main orga helping
to organize for the event, taking up what necessary and several other
jobs which I'm into. Examples may be getting in touch with people who I
know they did workshops with us before and asking them about their
participation at CCC camp, making list of their contacts, well the
things which I did before and I enjoyed. No finances for me please, not
treasurer, I still need to transfer funds to Marcel ...

> (please check the roles I put on the wiki, it might be a bit overdone
> for our small group but I think it would help the new "main engine" to
> know who will be available for what
> https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Chaos_Communication_Camp_2015#Team_Meta
> [3])

### The "jobs" will clear itself up during time we just need to fill it
up and start to work on that.

> "rules of engagement"
> For me it goes without saying that "be excellent to each other" should
> be our main rule. I'm not sure if it should be the only rule, but
> that's because I am not sure what we consider "rules". For example,
> one of the things I have been thinking about is to make a simple set
> of 'rules' for non FHB folks who want to do something in the FHB (be
> that organising a workshop, cooking, or something else). We might not
> want to call those rules though.

### I took that one from my involvement at Noisebridge at San Francisco
and personal experience. I called that rule and the rest guidelines to
make distinction of what we are really insisting on and what we are
considering to "discuss". How we continue is up to the group, definitely
more "guidelines" and better structure is necessary. We should put
together and discuss what these guidelines should be.

> And yes, I would very much like to continue the consensus style of
> decisions.

### Lovely, happy :-)

> So please let me know your thoughts and give the ball a little push
> :-)

### Did my homework, at lest the first part I hope.

> Greetings from Rotterdam,
>
> Lotte

### Hope to see Rotterdam in the summer, enjoy it,

### From Jeju greets,

### Frantisek

### PS Cut down the recipients so it doesn't end up with me as the list
moderator - well or Christian, he newly volunteered :-)

private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com