[foodhackingbase] two workshop/tasting ideas for the camp

camp.mailing.food at max.holzapfel.io camp.mailing.food at max.holzapfel.io
Wed Jul 8 11:22:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm Touri aka Max from Switzerland. I saw your project on the camp wiki
and would like to contribute with some ideas / workshops / tastings

1) A 101 Cocktail Workshop

Idea:
At the end of the workshop the participants should have a basic
understanding of the different style of Cocktails (Sour Base, Alcohol /
Alcohol base) and should be able to prepare Sours and some derivatives
from Sours (Fizz, New Orleans Sours etc).

I want to keep it fairly simple as I cannot bring too much stuff with me
from Switzerland.

Base Spirits (first Idea):
- Bourbon (or Corn Whiskey)
- Gin
- White Rum (HC3)
- Some Liquers (Chartreuse Green etc.)
- Vermouth

This is a very basic Idea. If we go ahead with the idea I would write a
proper concept with recipes.

The main problems:
 -Ice
- Equipment (I can provide some stuff but I do have contactions to some
Bars in Berlin)
- Spirits are always a bit more pricy. I could only bring some of the
stuff with me from Switzerland.

2) Miracle Berry Tasting
Miracle Berries change your  taste for sour into sweet. I only tiered it
once but it was rather special. Here are some links:
http://www.molecularrecipes.com/techniques/flavor-tripping-miracle-berry/
http://www.businessinsider.com/miracle-berry-flavor-tripping-party-2014-6?IR=T
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/dining/28flavor.html?_r=0

It is fairly easy to run:
Get some pills and some stuff to taste ;)
In the beginning I would give short induction to the berry etc. And then
we get into the fun part.

All workshops would be in english (my spoken english is better than my
spelling ;) )

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

touri