[foodhackingbase] future possibilities and directions for food hacking base

Kai Du info at hobbykoch-podcast.de
Sun Feb 22 08:54:39 CET 2015

Hi Frantisek and all,

thank you and/or sorry for having this discussion started. Fact is, that
I am really excited being involved with the FHB for several reasons:
First is, I am trying to come to the chaos communication camp in summer.
My first C3-event. I really look forward to meet some of you FHB folks
and some podcast community members.

I cook for almost all my life and invent recipes for quite a while now.
If there was a chance to get a financial model to work for paid members
of the FHB I would be interested, too. My job situation changes rapidly
in summer and I always dreamt of working with food for money. Though I
am aware of the fact, that nobody (except alex) met me before of the
existing crew and maybe a lot of core members would be interested in a
job too. I´ve got a lot of interesting projects in stasis because of
job/money reasons. Talking about projects: I recently created a book
about lifehacks and I am planning a sequel about food hacks. I am
interested in any kind of definition or suggestion you guys could make.
Feel free to contact me via this list or directly (kai at
hobbykoch-podcast dot de) I am looking for the funny kind of food hack,
the one-picture-short-explanation-wow ones. I see the food hacking
community here is more based on technological inventions and/or
fermentation projects (which is fascinating, too), but hey.

Returning to Frantiseks question about finance I think the crowdfunding
idea is really nice. I read, there was a successfull funding of the
recent C3-activities. So there is a proof of concept this could work. I
guess, there is something that needs to be offered in return to make the
quite larger budget for paying people a loan realistic. I wondered, if a
audio/video podcast about food hacking could be a decent teaser for a
successfull project. I would apply for head of production, coordinating
recordings and editing of audio/video stuff around the world. I´ve got
some experiance in that. This could be the step from few events on C3
meetings to a larger scale and promotion for a larger community, too.

Excuse me, I may be completely wrong suggesting this. This community may
stay a forum, in which ideas are exchanged and financial aspects are
secondary. I would love to do a lot of food hacking, this way or other.
Please share your thoughts.

Greetings,
Kai