[foodhackingbase] preparations for CCC summer camp

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Wed Apr 29 13:24:04 CEST 2015

Hi Lotte and others,
thanks for the hardwork, I'll chip some energy within next few days
latest by the weekend, comment below and in your text as ###

Just shortly my opinion. I'm fine locating fhb close to the Milliways
especially when Elmar mentioned the low noise levels during the days,
that was my major worry. Concerning sharing infrastructure we have to
really think about that well. I would suggest building
experimental/preparation kitchen and workshop room separately as fhb and
sharing them as we did before and as you summarized and further
elaborated nicely here

https://milliways.info/pad/p/fbhccc2015 (is it OK to edit it directly
there or shall we copy it somewhere?)

I'm not sure about the dining area and washing area, would tent to have
it separately too because we have community/crowd of our own, two social
areas may be handy. Also we are much smaller in the terms of people
involved so keeping the identity which I  think is nice is rather on our
part.

My thought so far was something around the lines of the workshop tent
which Marcel suggested and bigger maybe 5x10 m rented tent with hard
floors for kitchen and dining area (or 5x5 m for kitchen with hard floor
and dining outside without hard floor should work too as at OHM2013).

Concerning sharing - I think it would be great to share some walk in
cooler - either build or rented and some freezing space. That would be
lovely, would have to be discussed - space, cost etc. Other stuff like
bigger gas stoves, electric/gas barbecues would be great for sharing
too, same goes for some special type of equipment like larger types of
pans, oven, dehydrators or whatever maybe specific but sharable with
good will. If we are next too each other than we can easily circulate
it. Also after the dinner and for the night I assume that things will
get socially mixed a lot also equipment wise and most likely we will be
all parting around both places joining together.

Anyway these were the comments in summary suggesting - workshop area and
experimental/preparation kitchen separate as fhb, dining area and
washing area maybe separate but not sure, cooling and freezing
facilities shared if possible, variety of equipment shared if possible.

Once more thanks, it is starting to take a shape bit by bit :-)

Sincerely,

Frantisek

On 2015-04-28 04:25, Cooking Roffa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking a bit more about how to organise the FHB - taking
> into account what Marcel and Frantisek wrote - and tried to work on
> that a bit more.
> The result you'll find here: https://milliways.info/pad/p/fbhccc2015
> [4]. Please comment and edit as you see fit! If we can agree on this
> I'd like to update the wiki to a setup that reflects this somewhere
> next week - although I like the Milliways setup I used before I think
> it is not really suitable for us.

### went through that nice, can I edit and add directly in that pad?

> I also think I messed some stuff up on the wiki and i'd like to work
> on that; is it possible that either a sysop can help me or i get sysop
> privs? Who should i talk to?

### Steffen should have the admin rights plus few others, maybe mwfc?

> Besides the main FHB framework there's some other practical things we
> needed to discuss.
>
> Location
> As mentioned before I would like to suggest being close to Milliways -
> for personal reasons but also because I think this would be highly
> practical. Even if we decide to not share the kitchen I think having
> another kitchen nearby might come in handy.

### next to sounds good, sharing some stuff too would be for separate
kitchens and workshop areas at least

I think no-one was really
> opposing to this so I think it would be the way to go.
> For the noise I asked mc.fly and he told me that Milliways has
> workshops too and will in general not be noisy before 22:00 hours.
> Sleeping next to the FHB might not be great if you like a quiet night
> but i expect most parts of the camp to be quite noisy during the
> night. The FHB people who do not like that can of course choose more
> quiet parts of the camp to sleep. Parents with kids might consider
> choosing a sleeping place in the family village.

### Who wants to sleep well should locate him/herself in the areas of
camp designed for that, agreed at least on my side.

> Sharing parts of the kitchen areas
> When it comes to possibilites for sharing the kitchen areas or kitchen
> equipment: I would like to suggest discuss that in more detail between
> us and Milliways, say set up an IRC meeting between FHB and Milliways
> to see what would be the way to go.

### OK should we try to talk about that this weekend, maybe Saturday
morning or afternoon European time? (so I'm not in bed here in Korea?
:-) + 7 hours more or less)

> Logo
> Daan has sent me the logo; I think it's quite nice but needs some work
> done. It is o/c very practical to have a black and white logo, but I
> think it would be nice to have a coloured version besides that? Maybe
> have a green (fluorescent) flask? Who would be the person to ask that?
> I would also like to put up the logo on our wiki :-)

### I'll try to send you the colour version of the original logo from
lurwah, blue flask and black background I think, give me a bit of time
please a I hope I succeed.

> Shifts
> As to the shifts for 'the person to talk to', I think we should look
> at what would be reasonable. The person to talk to is explained in
> extend down at the proposal. I think 4 or 6 hours as Frantisek
> suggested would be ok. I'm not sure if we should devide every day in
> the same way (in the sense that you either have the morning, afternoon
> or evening shift every day) but maybe we can discuss that a bit
> further? Who else would be in for being 'the person to talk to'
> besides me and Frantisek?

### It would be nice to have few volunteers at least for one shift so it
is not just me and Lotte, people who are with us longer should consider
it privilege :-)

> Please let me know what you think!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lotte

### Did my bit of homework, thanks for all the work!

### Sincerely,

### FAA