[foodhackingbase] preparations for CCC summer camp

Cooking Roffa cookingroffa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:25:13 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I've been thinking a bit more about how to organise the FHB - taking into
account what Marcel and Frantisek wrote - and tried to work on that a bit
more.
The result you'll find here: https://milliways.info/pad/p/fbhccc2015.
Please comment and edit as you see fit! If we can agree on this I'd like to
update the wiki to a setup that reflects this somewhere next week -
although I like the Milliways setup I used before I think it is not really
suitable for us.

I also think I messed some stuff up on the wiki and i'd like to work on
that; is it possible that either a sysop can help me or i get sysop privs?
Who should i talk to?

Besides the main FHB framework there's some other practical things we
needed to discuss.

Location
As mentioned before I would like to suggest being close to Milliways - for
personal reasons but also because I think this would be highly practical.
Even if we decide to not share the kitchen I think having another kitchen
nearby might come in handy.  I think no-one was really opposing to this so
I think it would be the way to go.
For the noise I asked mc.fly and he told me that Milliways has workshops
too and will in general not be noisy before 22:00 hours. Sleeping next to
the FHB might not be great if you like a quiet night but i expect most
parts of the camp to be quite noisy during the night. The FHB people who do
not like that can of course choose more quiet parts of the camp to sleep.
Parents with kids might consider choosing a sleeping place in the family
village.

Sharing parts of the kitchen areas
When it comes to possibilites for sharing the kitchen areas or kitchen
equipment: I would like to suggest discuss that in more detail between us
and Milliways, say set up an IRC meeting between FHB and Milliways to see
what would be the way to go.

Logo
Daan has sent me the logo; I think it's quite nice but needs some work
done. It is o/c very practical to have a black and white logo, but I think
it would be nice to have a coloured version besides that? Maybe have a
green (fluorescent) flask? Who would be the person to ask that?
I would also like to put up the logo on our wiki :-)

Shifts
As to the shifts for 'the person to talk to', I think we should look at
what would be reasonable. The person to talk to is explained in extend down
at the proposal. I think 4 or 6 hours as Frantisek suggested would be ok.
I'm not sure if we should devide every day in the same way (in the sense
that you either have the morning, afternoon or evening shift every day) but
maybe we can discuss that a bit further? Who else would be in for being
'the person to talk to' besides me and Frantisek?

Please let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Lotte