[foodhackingbase] 31c3 slowly coming, what do we do about it

Marcel van der Peijl bigmac at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 5 21:40:22 CEST 2014

Random thoughts:

Last year was a big kimchi focus, so that is not something we should be
using as first display.

Home made beer, wine, cheese, kefir is great for end of day but not at 0900
;)

I don't have a crepe maker but I do have 2 'poffertjes' makers (4cm
pancakes), not as trivial to use as pancakes.

People liked coffee and pancakes and noodlesoup - just a quick and cheap
snack. A Senseo coffee only costs 7-10 cents per cup, my machine 30-60, what
should I bring (if any)?

I don't have that tv anymore (only a bigger 3d version which I'd rather not
bring). And a different (cheaper ink!) printer which can print A3!

I wish we could get some food printing experiments going.

I'm happy to start some saurkraut and kimchi this week but making 1-2kg
batches in plastic jars, different flavoured.

I wish we could have every day country/style themed weird food/snacks.

DIY bio should be doing experiments. Showcase: Open(er)PCR, incubator
project(s), ...?

Marcel